Can, could, should, must,…Chúng ta đã làm được học toàn cục lý thuyết về đụng từ khuyết thiếu. Hãy dành thời hạn làm các bài tập MODAL VERB để làm rõ và nhớ lâu hơn.
Bạn đang xem: Bài tập động từ khuyết thiếu
Cùng ôn tập các lý thuyết cơ bạn dạng trước lúc tới phần bài tập nhé.CAN / CAN’T: việc nào kia có/không thể xảy ra hoặc tín đồ nào kia có/không kỹ năng làm bài toán gì.COULD / COULDN’T (quá khứ của CAN): hay được sử dụng với các động từ đặc biệt như see, hear, smell, taste, feel, remember, understand.BE ABLE TO: dùng chũm cho CAN / COULD, sử dụng khi ao ước nói tín đồ nào đó đã xoay xở có tác dụng được việc gì trong 1 tình huống cụ thể.MUST / MUSTN’T: tin dĩ nhiên một điều nào đấy đúng/không đúng sự thật, đôi lúc mang nghĩa bắt buộc. MUST nói đến hiện tại cùng tương lai, còn HAVE TO dùng được trong tất cả các thể.MAY / MIGHT: bài toán nào đó có thể xảy ra (ý nghĩa tương lai).SHOULD / OUGHT TO: sử dụng khi mong muốn đưa ra ý kiến, lời khuyên.
Lưu ý:CAN, COULD, WOULD, MAY: được dùng trong câu đề nghị, yêu cầu cho phép, lời mời (thường là câu hỏi)Các modal verb vẫn được sử dụng trong trường hợp quá khứ: COULD / MUST / MAY / MIGHT / SHOULD + HAVE + vượt khứ phân từCòn đa phần khi sử dụng thì hiện tại: MODAL VERB + V-bare (động từ nguyên mẫu)
6 bài bác tập modal verb rất quan trọng cho học sinh củng cố gắng kiến thức. Mời những em theo dõi và quan sát và thực hành nội dung này.
Complete these sentences with can / can’t, could / couldn’t or be able khổng lồ (correct form). Sometimes it is possible to lớn use more than one modal verb
1) Tom……………drive but he hasn’t got a car.
2) I can’t understand Martin. I’ve never……………….understand him.
3) He had hurt his leg, so he……………..walk very well.
4) She wasn’t at trang chủ when I phoned, but I……………..contact her at the office.
5) I looked very carefully & I……………see a figure in the distance.
6) I used to…………..stand on my head but I can’t vày it now.
7) They didn’t have any tomatoes in the first shop I went to, but I……………get some in the next shop.
8) My grandmother loved music. She……………..play the piano very well.
9) Ask Ann about your problem. She should…………….help you.
10) The boy fell into the river but fortunately we……………..rescue him.
Read a situation và write a sentence with must have or couldn’t have (done). Use the words in brackets
1) That dress you bought is very good quality. (It must / be / very expensive)
2) I haven’t seen Jim for ages. (He must / go away)
3) I wonder where my umbrella is. (You must / leave it on the rain)
4) Don passed the examination. He didn’t study very much on it. (The exam couldn’t / be / very difficult)
5) She knew everything about our plans. (She must / listen / to lớn our conversation)
6) Dennis did the opposite of what I asked him lớn do. (He couldn’t / understand / what I said)
7) When I woke up this morning, the light was on. (I must / forget / lớn turn it off)
8) I don’t understand how the accident happened. (The driver couldn’t / see / the red light)
9) The phone rang but I didn’t hear it. (I must / be / asleep)
10) She passed me in the street without speaking. (She couldn’t / see / me)
Read the situation and decide what you want lớn say. Use modal verbs
1) You have to lớn carry some heavy boxes upstairs. Ask someone khổng lồ help you.
2 You want your friend to lớn show you how khổng lồ change the film in your camera. What vì chưng you say lớn him/her?
3) You’re on a train. The woman next khổng lồ you has finished reading her newspaper. Now you want khổng lồ have a look at it. What do you say?
4) You need a match to lớn light your cigarette. You haven’t got any but the man sitting next khổng lồ you has some. What vày you ask him?
5) There is a concert on tonight and you are going with some friends. You think Tom would enjoy it too. Invite him.
6) You’re in the post office. You want three stamps for Japan. What vị you say?
7) You’re sitting in a crowded bus. There is an ola lady standing. Offer her your seat.
8) You’re in a oto with a friend, who is driving. He is going khổng lồ to park the car but there is a NO PARKING sign. You see the sign and say…
9) A friend has just come lớn see you in your flat. Offer him something to lớn drink.
10) You are at the interview. You want lớn smoke a cigarette. What do you ask?
Complete these sentences with must (not) or (not) have to (correct form)
1) You really…………work harder if you want khổng lồ pass that examination.
2) Many children in Britain……………wear uniform when they go to school.
3) Last night Don suddenly became ill. We………….call the doctor.
4) I can stay in bed tomorrow morning because I…………….work.
5) What ever you do, you……………touch that switch. It’s very dangerous.
6) Ann has…………..wear glasses since she was eight years old.
7) I’m afraid I can’t come tomorrow. I…………..work late.
8) I’m sorry I couldn’t come yeaterday. I……………..work late.
9) You…………….forget what I told you. It’s very important.
Xem thêm: Soạn Văn Mẹ Hiền Dạy Con Trang 150 Sgk Ngữ Văn 6 Tập 1, Soạn Bài Mẹ Hiền Dạy Con
10) Tom may…………..go away next week.
11) We couldn’t repair the car ourselves. We……………take it khổng lồ the garage.
12) She………….get up so early. She gets up early because she prefers to.
13) We…………..leave yet. We’ve got plenty of time.
14) When you come to London again, you……………come & see us.
15) I don’t want anyone lớn know. You………….tell anyone what I said.
Choose the correct answer
1) Which sentence is correct?
A. We should to leave soon.
B. We should leaving soon.
C. We should leave soon.
2) We………….visit Tom when we are in London.
A. Didn’t ought B. Ought C. Should
3) Which question is correct?
A. We should call the police?
B. Should we gọi the police?
C. Vày we should hotline the police?
4) Which sentence is correct?
A. We ought have a party to celebrate Kate’s birthday.
B. We ought to have a buổi tiệc ngọt to celebrate Kate’s birthday.
C. We should to lớn have a buổi tiệc nhỏ to celebrate Kate’s birthday.
5) You…………..ride a motorbike without a helmet.
A. Shouldn’t B. Ought C. Ought not
6) Which question is correct?
A. Ought we to lớn tell Jane the news?
B. Ought we tell Jane the news?
C. We ought to lớn tell Jane the news?
7) Which sentence is NOT correct?
A. Nick may have missed the train.
B. Nick must have missed the train.
C. Nick ought have missed the train.
8) Which sentence is NOT correct?
A. I may have left the size at home.
B. He can’t have got lost.
C. Joseph must have forget about the party.
9) We……………not have bought enough biscuits for everyone.
A. May B. Should C. Must
10) Which sentence means “Maybe John went to the shop”?
A. John might not have gone khổng lồ the shop.
B. John may have gone khổng lồ the shop.
C. John must have gone lớn the shop.
Read the situations và write a sentence with should (not), should / shouldn’t have
1) Tom has just been offered a job. You think it would be good idea for him to lớn accept it.
2) It’s very cold. Mr. Taylor, who has been ill recently, is walking along the road without a coat.
3) We went for a walk. While we were talking, we got hungry but we hadn’t brought anything with us khổng lồ eat.
4) You think it would be a good idea for all motorists khổng lồ wear seat-belts.
5) I went lớn Paris. Marcel lives in Paris but I didn’t go to see him while I was there. When I saw him later, he said…
6) The notice says that the cửa hàng is xuất hiện every day from 8:30. It is now 9 o’clock but the cửa hàng isn’t open.
7) The driver in front stopped suddenly without warning & I drove into the back of his car. It wasn’t my fault.
8) You don’t think it would be a good idea for Jill and Sam lớn get married.
Xem thêm: Cách Vẽ Tranh Biển Đảo Quê Hương Đơn Giản Mà Đẹp Nhất, Vẽ Tranh Bảo Vệ Biển Đảo
9) Your friend has a bad cold. Tell him that you think it would be a good idea for him lớn stay at home this evening.